Nigeria's leading fictional story blog
1. Don’t marry someone you think you can live with. Marry someone you can’t live without.
2. Don’t marry someone with a characteristic that you find intolerable. Most people find change very difficult and some won’t change at all. So, don’t marry someone thinking you can change them or that they will change along the line. If he has traits that you find intolerable, run and wait for your man. He is not changing tomorrow just for you!
3. Don’t marry impulsively. Devote yourself to extensive and intensive thought and prayer before embarking upon marriage. People show their best parts before marriage. They like the things you like…or they create the impression that they do. Everyone is keen to make a good impression, so you are unlikely to know the true nature of your man overnight. Take time to know him before jumping on the marriage train.
4. Don’t move in with him before marriage. This is a recipe for disaster. It devalues your worth to him and creates the impression that you are desperate or in dire need of a man/marriage. If he is serious, you don’t need to be sampled before he commits.
5. Don’t get married too young. Research has shown that those who get married between the ages of fourteen and seventeen are twice as likely to divorce. Making it in marriage requires maturity, wisdom, mental and emotional stability, selflessness and confidence, which come with age.
Image Source: www.blackloveandmarriage.com
Adapted from Complete marriage and family: home reference guide by Dr. James Dobson and critically analyzed by Victor Chinoo
WWW.MOOFYME.COM: For thrilling stories and informative articles, every day!!!
Like us on FACEBOOK (MOOFYME.COM), and leave a comment after reading our stories. We look forward to reading your comments here on our blog and/or our Facebook page. Thank you!
NOTE: The contents on this site are the intellectual property of the writers. No permission has been granted for the reproduction of our contents to any individual or to any organization, in part or whole on any platform, electronic or otherwise.
Moofyme.com claims no credit for any images posted on this site unless otherwise noted. Images on this blog are copyright to its respectful owners. If there is an image appearing on this blog that belongs to you and do not wish for it appear on this site, please E-mail with a link to said image and it will be promptly removed.